Healthy Ambrosia Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
- 399 calories
- 28 grams of fat
- 24 grams of sugar
- 17 milligrams of sodium
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mango
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Kiwi
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut (Fresh or Dried)
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia or Cashew Nuts
- 1 Chopped and Pitted Mejidool Date
- Seeds From 1 Vanilla Bean
- Pinch White Stevia Powder to Taste
Place chopped fruit in a bowl with chia seeds and shredded coconut. Blend the coconut water, nuts, date, vanilla, and stevia powder in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Mix the dressing in with the fruit and let set for a few minutes to firm up before serving. Enjoy! Serves 2.
- You will need a high speed blender such as the Vitamix to get a creamy consistency for the dressing. If you don’t have a high speed blender, then I recommend soaking the nuts for at least 4-6 hours in water and soaking the mejidool date until soft before blending.
- If you don’t have the seeds from one vanilla bean you can use 1/2 teaspoon of a non-alcoholic vanilla extract. If you do have vanilla beans, here is a vanilla bean tutorial on how to extract the seeds from a vanilla bean.
- I use organic white stevia powder from Trader Joes, or you can also use the Now brand organic white stevia powder as well. I find that 1 or 2 pinches is all I need to add some sweetness without adding extra sugar or calories.
- Feel free to experiment with different fruits for this healthy ambrosia recipe.
- This healthy ambrosia recipe serves 2 people and the nutrition info is per 1 cup serving.
Thank you for visiting the Raw Glow Blog. You feedback and expertise are always welcomed in the comment’s section below.