Raw Ginger Cookies – Super Simple Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 7 large cookies
- 207 calories
- 9 grams of fat
- 28 grams of sugar
- 3 milligrams of sodium
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Organic Dried Turkish Apricots (Packed Tightly)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mejidool Dates (Packed Tightly)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts (Preferably Frozen)
- 2 Teaspoons Finely Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Dried Shredded Coconut (About 1/2 Cup For Rolling Cookies)
- 2 Pinches White Stevia Powder (Optional)
If possible, freeze the Macadamia nuts in the freezer for a few hours or overnight to make them less oily to work with. Pulse the Macadamia nuts in the food processor with the S blade until they are broken down into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the dried coconut, to the food processor and blend until everything is well incorporated and sticks together easily. Form the mixture into balls and then press them flat. Roll them in the dried coconut until completely covered and store them in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Raw Ginger Cookies Recipe Hints
- I used a microplane grater to grate the ginger super fine. If you don’t have a fine grater you can grate the ginger with a regular grater and then just squeeze out the ginger juice.
- If you can’t find raw Macadamia Nuts at your local grocery store you can order them online here: http://www.southkonamacs.com/ or you can substitute with raw almonds instead.
- I used Trader Joes Organic White Stevia Powder for some extra sweetness, but it is up to you whether you use it or not. If you don’t live near a Trader Joes you can order Now Foods Organic White Stevia Powder online.
- For a firmer texture, I prefer the cookies after they have been slightly frozen in the freezer for a few hours.
- The nutrition data is per large cookie. I made the recipe into 7 large cookies, but you could easily make 14 smaller cookies if you wish.
Hope you enjoyed this simple raw ginger cookie recipe and please feel free to share it!