Raw Cauliflower Salad – With Creamy Paprika Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 773 calories
- 52 grams of fat
- 14 grams of sugar
- 616 milligrams of sodium
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head
- 1/2 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts (or raw pinenuts or raw cashews if raw Macadamia nuts are not available)
- 1/2 Cup of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Chickpea Miso
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Smoked Sweet Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Wash cauliflower well and chop off all the stems until you are left with just the florets. Crumble the cauliflower florets with your fingers to achieve bite sized pieces and place them in a bowl. In a high speed blender (such as the Vitamix) combine Macadamia nuts, orange juice, lemon juice, chick pea miso, and sweet and smokey paprika. Blend on high until the dressing reaches a creamy consistency. Combine the dressing with the cauliflower florets until well dressed. You might have some dressing left over, if so, store it in the fridge to use for later. Garnish the raw cauliflower salad with a dust of sweet paprika and the chopped flat leaf parsley. Eat now, or store covered in the fridge for a few hours to the let the cauliflower soften. This recipe will last around three days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Last year I had some family visiting from Spain and they gifted me some beautiful Spanish paprika. In this raw cauliflower salad recipe I used Spanish sweet paprika and Spanish sweet smoked paprika. You are welcome to use spicy paprika or cayenne pepper if you like it hot. Also, if smoked paprika is not available you can use dried chiptole pepper powder instead which has a similar smokey flavor. (Chipotle and smoked paprika are not raw, so if you want, you can omit them or use cayenne pepper instead.)
- I used Miso Master’s Chickpea Miso which you can get at your local health food store or order it online here:www.great-eastern-sun.com/
- If you can’t find raw Macadamia nuts you can use raw cashews or raw pine nuts instead. Regardless of what type of nut you use, you will need a powerful blender such as the Vitamix to achieve the creamy consistency of the dressing.
Hope you enjoyed this simple raw cauliflower salad and please do share your favorite raw cauliflower recipes in the comment’s section below.