Wheatgrass Juice Recipe with Omega Vert

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

I made this amazing wheatgrass juice recipe with the Omega Vert Juicer after my friend Novalee brought me over a huge flat of wheatgrass. We were having some fun in the kitchen and made this short video of how to make a wheatgrass cooler. Both of us were surprised how good the juice tasted, because (truth be told) I’m not a fan of straight wheatgrass juice.  If you’re like me, and don’t like to chug wheatgrass straight up, you’ve got to try this winning  recipe!

Click here if you can’t see the video above

Wheatgrass Cooler

1 large cucumber or 2 medium cucumbers (Any variety will do but we used Armenian Cucumbers in the video)
1 peeled orange
1 apple
small handful fresh basil leaves
1 inch knob ginger
3 fistfuls of wheatgrass or desired amount

Juice all ingredients through the Omega Vert Juicer or another single auger style juicer. Enjoy!

*Best to drink juice on an empty stomach

Click here for more info on one of the most versatile juicers on the market, the Omega Vert!

1 Mindy { 09.26.10 at 1:28 am }

This looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Even though I love green smoothies and green juice, for some reason just the thought of wheatgrass juice makes me a little queasy, but I can definitely imagine preparing and enjoying this cooler. Thanks again.

2 Cecilia { 09.26.10 at 3:36 am }

Hi Mindy!

I’m with you, wheatgrass does make me quesy, but I usually drink it down and then make a really funny face afterwards:) With this recipe I drank it down with a smile. Thanks for your feedback and I hope you get to try it soon.

3 Susan { 09.28.10 at 2:07 am }

Hey Cecilia,
Thanks for the great recipe. I have a Hurom Juicer — is there a difference as the Omega Vert looks identical and sounds identical too. Just curious,
Thanks,
Susan

4 Cecilia { 10.13.10 at 9:28 pm }

Hi Susan,
They are similar. The Omega has a newer version called the Omega Vert 350 with a few improvements that I’m really excited about.
Best,

5 Patricia Robinett { 08.02.11 at 7:50 am }

here’s one for you… lemon juice, honey, wheatgrass juice + water over ice = delicious, nutritious, easy to drink

6 Cecilia { 08.18.11 at 5:19 am }

Hi Patricia,
Thank you, I’ll have to try that one!
Best Wishes,