How To Make Crispy Raw Sweet Potato Chips in the Dehydrator

Share Button

Announcing the winner of the *Raw Glow Blog Free Nylon Sprout Bag Giveaway*

Iceblueyes

please e-mail me your shipping address at glowingraw-info@yahoo.com.

Thank you for all who entered I appreciated your answers they were all inspiring!

raw sweet potato chip

Here is a short video of how to make crispy raw sweet potato chips:

Click here if you can’t see the video above

Raw Dehydrated Sweet Potato Chips Recipe

1 large sweet potato
Few sprinkles of sea salt
Drizzle of olive oil

Slice the sweet potato thinly with the adjustable ceramic mandoline on the thin setting (0.5 mm) using the handguard, and put the slices into a large bowl. Drizzle the sweet potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt until well covered. Dehydrate the chips in the dehydrator on at least 115 degrees for 24 hrs or until crispy. Makes about 2 dehydrator trays of chips. They start to get soggy soon after they are taken out of the dehydrator, so put them in an air tight container and consume them within a few days.

•  If the chips are not crispy perhaps you did not use sufficient olive oil or perhaps you did not dehydrate the chips long enough.
  • Please do not try to make raw potato chips.  Potatoes are part of the nightshade family and have natural toxins when consumned raw.

Click here for more info on the adjustable ceramic mandoline slicer

Click here for more info about dehydrator sheets

Thanks to Carol Bundock for this recipe

Happy Creating!

Share Button

1 Raw.la - Raw Food in The News and Around The Web { 03.16.10 at 2:15 pm }

[...] How To Make Crispy Raw Sweet Potato Chips in the Dehydrator [...]

2 Kelly { 05.23.10 at 1:40 pm }

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful recipes and advice. You are such an inspiration! Thank-goodness you followed your calling. I appreciate you sharing so much information. I didn't realize that you created newsletters . . . can't wait to receive them.

3 Cecilia { 05.25.10 at 12:42 am }

Hi Kelly, you're welcome! Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you enjoy the newsletters:)

4 Diane S { 03.26.11 at 3:45 pm }

I’m a new dehydrator user & this will be my first attempt. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.

5 Cecilia { 07.27.11 at 1:32 am }

You’re welcome, I hope you have fun with your dehydrator!

6 online jobs philippines { 12.08.11 at 12:45 pm }

I am very interested in this sphere and reading this post I have known many new things, which I have not known before. Thanks for publishing this great article here.

7 Youtoo { 03.26.12 at 10:55 pm }

Sweet potatoes are not part of the nightshade family.

8 em { 04.12.12 at 3:47 pm }

Yeah, potatoes are nightshades but sweet potatoes and yams are not I guess. http://www.nightshadefree.com/are-sweet-potatoes-in-the-nightshade-family/

9 Dehydrated Snacks « Hidradenitis Suppurativa { 08.04.12 at 1:12 pm }

[...] Sweet Potatoes Chips [...]

10 michael { 08.26.12 at 11:16 am }

Yeah, you can eat sweet potatoes totally raw. They kinda taste like a super crisp carrot.

11 Djbenton { 11.18.12 at 5:05 pm }

I’m a new dehydrater user. This will be my first attempt. I can’t wait to try them. Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have other videos. Daisy B………trying to go raw!

12 Cecilia { 11.21.12 at 10:08 am }

Hi Daisy,

I have a few more videos on my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/glowraw

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Cecilia

13 Anotheryou23 { 12.07.12 at 6:50 pm }

Sweet potatoes are not part of the nightshade family. Yams and sweet potatoes are not in the same family either.
For really good results when dehydrating sweet potatoes, soak the slices in cold water over night then steam or blanch them until soft enough to poke with a fork.

14 Easy Dehydrator Recipes - a Plethora of Ideas | Raw Glow Blog { 01.16.13 at 9:38 pm }

[...] Dehydrated Sweet Potato Chip Recipe [...]