Carob Mango Green Smoothie Recipe with Video

carob mango green smoothie

Just checking in with everyone.  It’s the end of January, how are your new year’s resolutions going?

My resolution this year was to be more productive in all areas of my life and I can say that I feel like I achieved it this month. Yay!

On the downside, I feel like I got into a pattern of overeating over the holidays and I haven’t quite broken the cycle yet. One of the things I feel that got me a little bit off track was not drinking my green smoothie every morning which would fill me up and I’d find that I’d eat less during the day. So I’m back on my trusty green smoothies and in the spirit of celebrating green smoothies here is a recipe you can try that was inspired by a raw restaurant in Chicago called Cousens that has a great selection of juices and smoothies.

If you can’t see the video below click here

Carob Mango Green Smoothie

2 mangos
4 chard leaves (no stems)
water from 1 young coconut
1 tablespoon carob powder
1 teaspoon chlorella

Blend and Enjoy!

For more green smoothie recipes please see my Green Smoothie Challange E-booklet

green smoothie challange e-book

Please do share your favorite green smoothie recipe and how your new year’s resolutions are going. I would love to hear from you!

1 Raw.la - Raw Food in The News and Around The Web { 01.31.10 at 11:30 am }

[…] Carob Mango Green Smoothie Recipe with Video […]

2 BlessedMama { 02.08.10 at 5:33 pm }

Mmm, what a delicious looking smoothie. I just love your sidekick on the video. She was great! And, I'll have to try your coconut opening and mango slicing techniques. You made it look so much easier than the ways I do it. I'm hoping to get a VitaMix later this year and start having a whole bunch of juices. I'm going to check out your smoothie e-book as well. :)

3 Cecilia { 02.09.10 at 4:06 pm }

Hi Blessed Mama, Vitamixes are great you can read why I like them here: http://www.rawglow.com/rawfoodappliances.htm

I'll tell my sidekick you liked her, she will like to hear that.

All the best,

4 Cecilia { 02.09.10 at 11:06 pm }

I'll tell my sidekick you liked her, she will like to hear that.

All the best,

5 Bee { 06.09.14 at 9:29 am }

Carob and mango follow proper food combining principles? I was wondering about this, for I have poor digestion. Is lucuma compatible with mango too?

6 Cecilia { 08.06.14 at 6:48 pm }

Hi Bee,

Lucuma and mango should be okay together, but if you have poor digestion carob and mango might not be the best combo. You might be able to tolerate a little carob in a smoothie with a more starchy fruit such as a banana. Best of Luck ~ Cecilia