No Nut Carrot Pulp Raw Food Dehydrated Cookies

carrots

Ever wonder what to do you with your carrot pulp after juicing? In this video, I make an easy dehydrated raw food cookie with my food processor and a dehydrator. Don’t have a dehydrator? No problem, the batter for these cookies tastes so good you could substitute the chia seeds with a tablespoon of ground flax or pysllium and eat the cookie batter as a raw carrot cake.

If you can’t see the video below click here

No Nut Carrot Pulp Cookies

2 cups carrot pulp (a carrot apple combo is fine too)
1 cup chopped soft dates
meat from 1 young coconut
2 tablespoons Artisana brand Coconut Butter
2 tablespoons chia seeds covered in 1/4 cup water to make a chia seed gel
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
raisins for garnish (optional)

Blend all ingredients except for the chia seed gel in the food processor with s blade until well processed. Mix in the chia seed gel. Form into small cookies (top with a raisin) and dehydrate for about 20 hrs at 115 degrees. Makes about 16 small cookies.

Click here if you don’t know how to open a young coconut

Enjoy!

1 Raw.la - Raw Food in The News and Around The Web { 01.12.10 at 3:45 pm }

[…] No Nut Carrot Pulp Raw Food Dehydrated Cookies […]

2 Shweta { 01.15.10 at 4:48 pm }

i was just wishing today to make some cookies for my 3 year old…looks really yum….

3 Cecilia { 01.20.10 at 8:44 pm }

Cool, let me know how it turns out. You might want to add less ginger for the kiddies.
Best,

4 Mini Food Processor { 04.03.10 at 10:13 am }

Thanks for video and great recipe of cookies. And I love your blog design. Beautiful.

5 Mini Food Processor { 04.03.10 at 5:13 pm }

6 Robertandlisa1995 { 07.31.10 at 11:09 pm }

I don't like ginger, so could I leave it out and add instead some nutmeg and a pinch of vanilla, along with the cinnamon? Also, if I don't have the coconut butter (I've never heard of coconut butter) and I want to substitute with coconut oil, then how much coconut oil and does this affect the dehydrator time? Thanks

7 Cecilia { 08.01.10 at 5:38 am }

Hi, thanks for stopping by. I think that is a good idea to add some more spices if you omit the ginger. You can use 1/2 the amount of coconut butter (1 tablespoon), if you are going to use coconut oil instead. It shouldn't affect dehydrator time. Coconut butter is available in Whole Foods or online, it is a combination of the coconut pulp and the oil. Very yummy and good for raw desserts. Good Luck:)

8 best food processor { 07.09.11 at 2:17 am }

thanks for this recipe, i make this special for my wife on her birthday, she likes it.